Freedive Bootcamp – Vacations with a purpose
If you have never heard of freediving then watch this video. Now.
What will your experience be like?
You’ll live with 4-8 other people and your freediving instructors in an amazing house by the sea. You’ll start your days doing breathing exercises on a secluded platform next to the crystal clear Adriatic sea while listening to the waves. After some last stretches you’ll walk into the water for freediving classes and dives.
Freediving meditates you. When you dive down into the deep blue time slows down. You become totally emerged in the present moment, the here and the now. There’s no traffic, no city noises, no smoke. All there is is the dark blue and you feeling one with it. While you push the boundaries of your body and mind you enter a meditative state, which for many people becomes a life changing experience and often transforms into a more healthy and balanced freediving friendly lifestyle.
Usually you will be back at the House around noon where we cook together and have lunch. In the afternoon there’s theory lessons, yoga and/breathing sessions and on two days we either go on a fortification tour or kayaking.
What will you learn?
During your experience you will become a certified AIDA 2 freediver. You will learn a lot about yourself, about your body and what happens to it when you hold your breathe while you’re immersed in water. You’ll learn how to calm your mind to be more relaxed before a dive. Toegther we will do stretching and breathing techniques so you can hold your breath longer. We’ll do workouts to improve your general fitness and we learn about how your body deals with oxygen and co2. At the end of your stay you’ll be able to comfortably dive to a depth between 15 and 23 meters.
Will you fit in if you come on your own?
Yes! In fact the course is designed for individual growth so coming alone is encouraged. The groups are small (3-8 people) plus our teachers so you will make friends and fit right in. Meals are communal, activities are with the other guests and there will be some time for yourself.
What is the price of the bootcamp experience?
The price for the 6 days/5 nights bootcamp is:
- 740€ per person in a shared room with single beds + 15€ per day for food
- 880€ per person in a single room + 15€ per day for food
Staying an additional night before and/or after the bootcamp is 20€ per additional night.
Private sessions upon availability.
All payments in cash, via paypal or IBAN/SWIFT bank transfer.
What is included in the price?
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners including local organic fruits and vegetables + daily healthy smoothies
- Depending on the instructors: Yoga and workout sessions.
- All freediving sessions + Freediving AIDA 2 certificate
- Half day Kayak or SUP trip
- Half day Lustica fortification tour
- 5 nights & 6 days in the accommodation
What is not included in the price?
- Transport from Airport to the House (can be arranged on request: Podgorica 45€, Tivat: 15€, Dubrovnik: 55€)
- Meals in Restaurants
- Additional nights in the accommodation are not included in the price. Staying an additional night before and/or after the bootcamp is 20€ per additional night.
Apart from the freediving training you will have time for kayaking, stand-up paddling, mountain biking and exploring the Austrian-Hungarian fortifications in the area. The fortification tour and one kayak trip is included in the package. Additional kayaking, stand up paddling and mountain/e-bike trips can be arranged for a discounted fee.
When should you be there? When does the camp start?
The Camp lasts 5 nights & 6 days, starting on Mondays and ending on Saturdays. You can arrive and leave anytime, we recommend you arrive latest at the dive location on Monday at 3:30PM for the first theory session and you stay until Saturday afternoon to finish the written exam (in case you need to leave Saturday before the official exam you can do your exam on a Friday afternoon also). Depending on your flight you can arrive 1 day earlier and leave 1 day later for 20€ per additional night. During past camps people have stayed until Sundays or even Mondays and additional freediving sessions were arranged per request on Sundays.
Bootcamp dates for 2022
- June 20 until June 25 – 6 days/5 nights bootcamp (0 spots available)
- July 20 until July 25 – 6 days/5 nights bootcamp (0 spots available)
- August 8 until August 13 – 6 days/5 nights bootcamp (4 spots available)
- September 5 until September 10 – 6 days/5 nights bootcamp (0 spots available)
- September 19 until September 24 – 6 days/5 nights bootcamp (2 spots available)
Questions? Please feel free to add Fabian on WhatsApp and schedule a voice or video call.
WhatsApp: +49 176 724 755 23